Monday, May 27, 2013

My Final Post to Say Thank You

As there is only one week remaining of my junior year of high school, I would like to reflect on how I've grown as a student through blogging in my American studies class. To start let's rewind back to August...

"A huge part of this class is blogging. You're expected to write a thoughtful blog post at least once a week". These words were said on the  first day of school by our American studies teachers as 49 high school juniors sat anxiously waiting to learn more about  the class expectations. I have never blogged, read a blog or written short pieces weekly, so I must admit, I was quite nervous to enter the "blogging" world.

As days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months, not only was I looking forward each week to write my weekly blog post(s), but I was really making my blog my own and improving my mediocre writing. Throughout my high school career I have had English teachers who teach the typical five paragraph paper. I was always just an okay writer who never pushed myself to excel and was never pushed by my teachers to look at my writing critically.

This year with the help of Mr. Bolos and Mr. O'Connor, I have blossomed from a student who has to write, to a student who enjoys to write. I have learned things that will definitely stick with me for years to come like corroborating different sources and getting straight to the point without having any "fluff".

Being honest with myself, this will probably be my last blog post because of my busy summer schedule, so I would like to thank everyone who contributed to my 3,554 page views. For anyone who doesn't like to write, if you have the right teacher and try to approach writing from a different point of view (like blogging), you can have just as a rewarding experience as me and enjoy a life skill that will stick with you forever.

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment